Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Why I joined the Gym and gave up my iPhone!! Plus Weigh-In Wednesday


Can we get real for a second? I have three kiddos one girl Caroline 6mos, one boy Cooper 3yrs, & Taylor 20yrs my stepdaughter who is away at college.

Initially I thought, "When the New Year rolls around I will so get up at 4 am to get my workout on!" 

How many times did that happen? = 0

What? Well a gym membership is not exactly in our budget for the Spring of 2013 = Taylor getting married:) Compromise was to give up my ohhhhh expensive brand new iPhone cost plus monthly plan.

The reality is that it is too easy to jump ship and go to the gym. The benefits out weigh the constant checking of Facebook status:) Where did we join the gym? YMCA of course!

Benefits:
  • FREE group exercise classes: aerobics, pilates, yoga, spinning and more
  • Open gym, swim, racquetball, volleyball, basketball
  • FREE Child Watch (6 weeks to 5 years old) Hello FREE Childcare!!!
  • Full-service locker rooms
  • Special member pricing for all programs

I am personally looking forward to the FREE group exercise classes and trying Zumba! Back in the ole' college days I loved to go out with the girls dancing...so yes I am going to try to relive my young adult life while breaking a sweat. Plus the FREE Childcare makes it so easy!

Discounted programs such as swim lessons and soccer for ages starting at 3 years old make it perfect for my family. 


Now on to the Good Stuff! Since I am joining the gym and have typically done my posting in the morning, I had to do a little reflecting. Decided to switch my weigh-ins to Wednesday to join some other lovely ladies during the week. Sometimes less is more = Post less yet have more meaty bloggy post. Sounds like a winner? 

button

So here is to my new & first Weigh-In Wednesday! 

163.2

Gained 1.8 lbs:( No fears ladies tomorrow is a new day.


image

14 comments:

  1. Free child care is a huge gym perk for me too with a 2 yo and it being so cold here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 kiddos might be entertaining during Zumba, but I sure there will be a couple of complaints:) Love the childcare perk!

      Delete
  2. We're members of the Y too! It's such a perfect fit for our family. And like you, I get excited about the fitness classes too! Lovin' your attitude for fitness and health, keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Zumba class today & loved it! Want to try PiYo next:) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like an awesome membership. Wish my gym offered all of that good stuff! I don't even think there is a YMCA around these parts! Geeze. Great post! Hope you enjoy some Zumba! Thanks for linking up for Fitness Friday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where we lived 3yrs ago we had to pay a monthly fee for the childcare in addition to the gym membership:( So much better when it is FREE! Loved Zumba:)

      Delete
  4. I used to be a YMCA member and loved the group classes and open swim the most. Have fun! Happy Fitness Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So enjoyed Zumba at 9am:) Ladies of all ages and sizes were having a blast!

      Delete
  5. The free childcare was a deal maker when I was a member of a gym and my kids were little. I know a lot of people that say they could never stick with working out at home but canceling my gym membership and having a workout room at home was one of my best health and fitness decisions ever! Enjoy the Y and Zumba!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day when the kiddos go to school I would love to have a workout room at home:) Working out in my PJs!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for linking up for Weigh-In Wednesday!

    Total score on the YMCA with all the classes and free child-care... the child-care is a deal maker/breaker for moms when they need to hit the gym. So glad you found something that works for you even though you had to give up your iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Childcare was def the issue! Sometimes we sacrifice technology for a lil workout time:)

      Delete
  7. I like to read other members that participate in WIW. I also go to a gym that has great childcare. Cant beat free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FREE is the best reason to workout ever! Thanks for dropping by:)

      Delete