Who has heard of the Fast Diet?
I actually had the radio on in the car for once (no cartoons blaring) hearing about the Fast Diet 5:2 and Dr. Michael Mosley.
Fast Diet book is based on the documentary Eat, Fast and Live Longer - Horizon. The first release of the book Fast Diet was in the UK. Amazon UK Fast Diet book has over positive 738 reviews and the testimony reviews are amazing!
The the Fast Diet is based on intermittent fasting on a weekly 5:2. Two days of 500 calorie intake continued with eat what you like the rest of the time.
Using short-term calorie restriction/fasting may be effective when it comes to:
- Reducing blood glucose and insulin levels
- Increasing fatty acid oxidation
- Sparing and preserving muscle tissue
- Increasing various health factors (lower inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduced oxidative stress, increased protection against neuro-degenerative diseases and more)
- Keeping the metabolism strong/healthy
I dived in!
First week of results: Weight loss 2.2lbs!
Finally breaking my plateau:)
Tuesday: Fast & PiYo
Fasting based on a Monday-Sunday week.
What do you think about the Fast Diet 5:2?
Linking up with Weigh-In Wednesday